Thursday, March 5, 2015

January, February and a mouse... eek!

Oh my, oh my... a mouse in the house...sure why not start with the crazy stuff right?  One Saturday, the boys were downstairs playing in their room; he comes up yelling, "I think there's a squirrel in the window!"... of course I freak out.  Curt is calm of course.  Mark is squealing with delight hoping we get to keep it!  We head downstairs - All of us... and what did we find, but a field mouse... one who had been living high on the hog I might add.



Well of course Curt decides to save the mouse, not sure if it's because Mark was so excited to have an actual animal near the house or if he just didn't want to kill it in front of the boys... he gets a box, gloves and climbs down into the window well and gets him.  We all walk across the street to the open field and let him go... and of course the little turd starts running back towards the house!  I scream at it and try to get it turned around...and I did... thank goodness.  Curt decides to check the other well...and the mouse's buddy didn't do as well... hard as a rock, stiff as a board... I was done for the day... too much veterinary work for me for one day.

Not sure if the next bit was before or after this, but we have a peanut allergy in the house... yep Seth is allergic to peanuts...had him officially tested in February... so we will be free o' peanuts until we get him re-tested at 3yrs...  so far it hasn't been too terrible...



Noah played basketball this year - and fell in love with it.  He was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  He was getting dribbling down and loved to shoot the ball...I think we will definitely have him play again.



And the biggest news of all...Curt got a promotion...pretty big promotion... pretty significant change to schedule, but we are all adjusting and managing... all part of the bigger plan.  We all got to go out and celebrate on the company...had fun with pasta and meatballs!




No comments:

Post a Comment