Wednesday, February 24, 2016

latest and greatest...

I think this blog has turned into a quarterly update.  I look at this thing every single day and read about other people's lives...there going's on...and I think that I really ought to put something down to keep track of what has been going on and then I get busy with work, with home life or just think "oh there's too much to write about".  

What's funny is if you looked at the pictures on my phone you'd see that I am doing a pretty good job at documenting what has been going on.  So maybe I should just post pictures and give little explanations... that might make me feel better about blogging.  

From where I left off last post (Christmas tree was up...) - the weeks were hard.  Curt was working PEAK and traveling which left me to do e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  I do mean it literally... referee, butler, chauffeur, chef, maid, banker, lawyer, negotiator, tutor, librarian, mom, cheerleader, coach, all of it.  I don't know how families do it when this is the norm.  This 'norm' about broke me.  I was so glad when Christmas Day came for the mere fact that it meant no more time away from Curt and schedules would go back to normal. But then... Christmas Day did come and it was hard also.  We had to visit both sides of the family that day.  Its just the way it worked out.  It was what was best for every one's schedules.  By the end of the night we were all over stimulated, tired, hungry, annoyed - you name it.  I am hoping/praying we don't have to try and swing both sides again...maybe when the boys are teenagers it would be OK?



My birthday came... Mark very earnestly asked "Mom are you 73?"... glad you know your numbers and know that is the number from what you are looking at, but goodness... do i look 73?  I hope when I'm 73 he is there and can ask me again, "Mom are you 37?".



For my birthday I asked for under cabinet lighting and lighting above the cabinets for ambiance...because that's how we roll at the Wilson house - it's all about 'how you feel'... bah!  It was relatively inexpensive thanks to Amazon/prime.  And because my husband is super handy especially with anything electronic it was merely a couple of weekend adventure.




The boys treated me well that day - I think this was my birthday where Seth was vacuuming.  'gotta start 'em young' - 'you're welcome future daughter-in-law!'.



Also for my birthday my folks got me gift cards & baskets so I could make our pantry look 'pretty'.  I know - 1st world problems, but it makes me feel good to walk into that room and know exactly where something is, how much of it I have and everything grouped together that needs to be.



Also in January we started a new program with the older boys - "Wilson Reading program" which really means "read your minutes through the week and I'll let you play your tablet uninterrupted all weekend!"  They are doing really well with it - some days are harder to encourage the minutes, but for the most part they love seeing on Friday that they've read all they need to and can enjoy the "commission" of tablet play.  As a side note, just so I don't think back and think that it was a complete free for all - we had to adjust the tablet rules to just one day / weekend because no one was listening or paying attention... go figure.  learn as you go though.



My best friend sent me a picture of her youngest.  She cut her own bangs.  Pretty short.  I did this to my sister when I was younger, although I don't think I stopped at the bangs.  I think it was all over chop.  Pretty funny.



One of my cousins is going to play college football for a division 1 program.  I guess he's "walking on", but I really believe in my heart that this kid will get to play and play a lot in the future.  He's got incredible determination.  



In early February we had some sickness going around - typical coughing / slight fever for the older two.  Then poor Seth got it bad...like awful.  Puking from a Monday night to a Friday morning.  He just could not keep anything down.  Finally got him eating again / drinking milk...then the following Tuesday he woke up screaming at the top of his lungs...no consoling, no comfort.  He stayed home all day with Curt, but when I got home we ran to the Dr... good thing we did - poor guy had 2 ear infections.  After 10 days of the good ol' pink stuff we are back and raring to go!


he had just pooped and it literally knocked him out...no energy after pooping...

Funny thing happened at Wal-mart...said no mom ever... it's not usually funny...but stressful, chaotic...but this was pretty funny.  Seth was walking around (instead of in the cart) and was loving every minute of it.  Suddenly he says "Mom!  Mom!  Poo Poo" and then just sits down on the makeup aisle floor.  He was serious.  I felt bad for the teenage girl walking through - trying to buy some new nail polish... free birth control in the make up aisle!  ha ha.



Next - took a day off in late February and went to hit golf balls.  I had never done this before.  Apparently I'm not half bad.  183 yards.  



And finally... I have made a quilt.  Yes - me...with a mother who hates to sew... not sure where I get it...maybe it skipped a generation?  But yes a full King size - quilted quilt.  It's lovely.  I am pretty proud of it.  My mother in law who helped me exponentially with it is pretty proud too...



and for all the mother's out there - saw this...laughed and thought of us all at some point.



No comments:

Post a Comment